Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vitamins and Herbs Helped Prostate Cancer Recovery

Story:

Back in April, 1998, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 advanced prostate cancer. It had metastized into the lymphatic system. I was put on hormonal therapy, i.e., a lupron shot every three months and a daily tablet of Casodex. I had lots of pain due to prostititus, bladder problems, ached all over like I had arthritus and was very weak. My medication worked and took my PSA from 144 to 0.83 in three months and to 0.1 the next three months and it has been in the range of less than 0.1 to 0.2 ever since.

A year later, April, 1999, I ordered in Dr. Julian Whitaker's Forward Plus forty-two vitamins/trace elements/minerals. The day after I began taking them, my leg aches were gone and have never returned. About a month later, my weakness was gone and I was like normal. About six weeks after beginning to use them, my arthritus or whatever it was had ended. The doctor told me that the hormonal therapy had an average life of two years. I asked him what could I do after two years and he said, "if I were you, I would get my affairs in order." I basically got angry and said, "no way, I am going to live."

Today, I give complete credit for my still being alive due to not only the hormonal therapy (that I am off of now) and vitamins et al, in improving my immune system that I have learned is so important to being healthy. I might add that other than having the Prostate cancer in my body, I am in perfect condition today. I am afraid if vitamins are taken off the market, all my ailments will return and no doubt my immune system will begin to falter resulting in my premature death due to the prostate cancer coming back. Please do not impose any laws restricting or discontinuing the sale of vitamins and herbs. If the congress wants to do anything constructive, then lets get clinical trials going for vitamins and herbs, but do not cancel them during the interim due to their importance to our health. Mainline or conventional medicine is good in many instances, but those medicines along with many doctors are killing a lot of us folks. That is why we are going over to the integrative approaches to medical problems because "modern science" does not have all the answers.

Submitted by Anonymous on May 30, 2004 - 7:45pm.Your Stories

0 comments:

 

Powered by Blogger , created by © 2007 Feedget and Kelas-Blog